Product Information | Wire Binding
Wire Binding is a form of binding in which all pages are punched and bound using wire coils. We offer an extensive range of wire bound books printed in full colour and black and white.
Product Information & Explanations
Wire bound books can be printed in either full colour or black and white.
Cover Types & Finishes
We offer multiple cover options for our wire bound books, these include:
- Clear PVC Outer Front & Outer Back Covers (non printed)
- Black Leathergrain Outer Back Covers (non printed)
- Colour Inner Covers (with or without laminate), printed full colour on huge range of premium stocks
Example of PVC Cover with Black Back Cover
Example of Black Back Cover
Wire Bound Books can be bound using either white or black wire.
The wire colour can be chosen during the online checkout process (this occurs after checking out / adding your item to the shopping cart).
Book Specifications & Sizes
A4 Wire Bound Books:
Finished Size = 210 x 297mm
A5 Wire Bound Books:
Finished Size = 148 x 210mm
DL Wire Bound Books:
Finished Size = 99 x 210mm
A6 Wire Bound Books:
Finished Size = 105 x 148mm
Custom Sized Wire Bound Books:
Finished Size = between 105x 148mm and 210 x 297mm
- All books can be printed in full colour or black and white
- Available from 10pp through to 250pp (the maximum pp depends on the thickness of the stock)
- If printed on 80gsm bond, books are printed without bleed.
(all design elements must be kept 10mm from the edge of the page)
- If printed on any other stock, full bleed (printing to the edge of the page) is available.
(please allow 10mm of internal bleed on binding edges, and 3mm of internal bleed on non-binding edges)
- Multiple cover options are available
- Black or white wires for binding are available
- Books can be either portrait or landscape orientation, bound on both the short edge or long edge.
For a sizes or specification not listed above, please place a custom quote request by clicking here.
How to supply artwork for Wire Binding
When creating your artwork, we highly recommend using our guideline templates. Guideline templates can be found by clicking here . Before using our templates, please ensure you read the “read me” file first.
When creating your artwork, please take into account:
Internal / Text Pages on 80gsm Bond
For books printed on 80gsm bond, it is not possible to have bleed (printing right to the edge of the page) . For these books, artwork must be supplied:
- At the exact finished size (e.g. A4 = 210 x 297mm)
- All design elements must be kept at least 10mm inside the edge of the page on each page.
Internal / Text Pages on all other Stocks
For books printed all stocks except 80gsm bond, it is possible to have bleed (printing right to the edge of the page) . For these books, artwork must be supplied:
- At the finished size + 3mm of external bleed on each edge (e.g. A4 = 210 x 297mm + 3mm external bleed = 216 x 303mm)
- All design elements must be kept at least 10mm inside the edge of the page on the binding edge, and 3mm from the edge of the page on non-binding edges.
Please note, that after a book is bound, even numbered pages will always be on the left hand side, and odd numbered pages will always be on the right hand side of a spread.
If you require certain pages (headings, menus, diagrams etc) to be on a specific side of your book, please ensure you take this into account when designing your artwork.
Before approving a proof for approval, we also always recommend you carefully check to make sure important pages are placed on the correct side (even or odd).
For affordable Wire-bound Magazine Design services please click here to request a custom quotation.
If you still have questions, or cannot find what you are looking for in the resources provided above, please contact us by clicking here and one of our team will get back to you promptly.